TrueVIS VG inkjet printer/cutters have won multiple awards, including the BLI 2019 Pick Award for higher image quality, wider print gamut, high-speed productivity and dimensional stability. Available in 64-inch and 54-inch models. features FlexFire™ printheads and TrueVIS INK that combine to produce vibrant colors and stunning details that cannot be matched by latex or other devices. Efficient and productive TrueVIS VG printers enable users to produce dynamic decals, brilliant banners, striking signs, and vibrant vehicle graphics on demand. With TrueVIS, your vision for maximum color, versatility and profitability is now a reality.
Everything about the way the TrueVIS produces images has been perfected. Four FlexFire™ printheads fire precision droplets in 3 sizes and a wide print swath. Every drop of ink falls exactly where it is intended, delivering beautiful images and uniform colors at production speeds.
Because of this attention to detail and superior engineering, TrueVIS VG Series printer/cutters won the BLI 2019 Pick Award for higher image quality, wider print gamut, high-speed productivity and dimensional stability. Find out more about unmatched TrueVIS quality.
All new TrueVIS INK is a major step forward in eco-solvent technology, delivering a wide color gamut and improved output, while meeting stricter environmental standards and user demands for lower costs, without sacrificing quality. 500ml pouches fit neatly into reusable cartridges and slide into a hidden ink bay for clean usage and less waste. TrueVIS INK is also GREENGUARD Gold certified and does not require any special ventilation or environmental equipment.
TrueVIS INK is available in 500ml pouches in the following configurations:
Roland DG started with cutting and we haven’t stopped since. The TrueVIS features our most advanced print/cut technology to date. A new carriage and blade offer increased downforce and accuracy, allowing you to work with a wider variety of media.
In addition to a built-in control panel, a new Roland DG Mobile Panel allows you to perform control panel functions of VG printer/cutters with your existing smartphone or tablet using a Bluetooth connection. This innovative new feature provides a rich interface directly on, or remotely in range of, your TrueVIS. Receive status updates as well as remotely manage production, test printing, and cleaning functions. Very smart.
The VG is built to make everyday operation easier in the following ways:
VersaWorks 6 expands your printer capabilities and maximizes the power of your Roland devices with new features to enhance the world’s most popular RIP software.
Printing technology Piezoelectric inkjet
Media Width VG-640 210 to 1,625 mm (8.3 to 64 in.) VG-540 8.3in - 54in (210mm - 1,371mm)
Thickness Max. 1.0 mm (39 mil) with liner, for printing, Max. 0.4 mm (16 mil) with liner and 0.22 mm (9 mil) without liner, for cutting
Roll outer diameter Max. 210 mm (8.3 in.)
Roll weight Max. VG-640 40 kg (88 lb.) VG-540 Maximum 66 lbs (30 kg)
Core diameter (*1) 76.2 mm (3 in.) or 50.8 mm (2 in.)
Printing/cutting width VG-640 (*2) Max. 1,600 mm (63 in.) VG-540 Maximum 53 in (1,346 mm)
Maximum speed (dual CMYK, 2-pass) VG-640 375 sqft/hr. VG-540 345 sqft/hr.
Standard speed (dual CMYK, 6-pass) VG-640 153 sqft/hr. VG-540 144 sqft/hr.
Ink Type TrueVIS INK 500 cc pouch
Colors Seven colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta, and light black)
Printing resolution (dots per inch) Max. 900 dpi
Cutting speed 10 to 300 mm/s (0.4 to 11.8 in/s)
Blade force(*3) 30 to 500 gf
Blade Type Roland CAMM-1 series blade
Blade offset 0.000 to 1.500 mm (0.0 to 59.1 mil)
Software resolution (when cutting) 0.025 mm/step (0.98 mil/step)
Repeatability (when cutting) (*4) (*6) ±0.1 mm (±3.9 mil) or less
Media heating system (*9) Print heater set temperature: 30 to 45°C (86 to 112°F)
Dryer set temperature: 30 to 50°C (86 to 122°F)
Connectivity Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)
Power-saving function Automatic sleep feature
Power requirements AC 100 to 120 V ±10%, 9.8 A, 50/60 Hz or AC 220 to 240 V ±10%, 5.2 A, 50/60 Hz
Power consumption VG-640 During operation Approx. 1,360 W, Sleep mode Approx. 55 W VG-540 During operation Approx. 955 W Sleep mode Approx. 15.1 W
Acoustic noise level During operation 63 dB (A) or less, During standby 53 dB (A) or less
Dimensions (with stand) VG-640 116(W) x 29.4(D) x 51.6(H) in 2,945(W) x 745(D) x 1,310 (H) mm VG-540 105.8(W) x 29.4(D) x 51.6(H) in 2,685(W) x 745(D) x 1,310(H) mm
Weight (with stand) VG-640 451.9 lbs (205 kg) VG-540 421 lbs (191 kg)
Environment Power on (*10) Temperature: 20 to 32°C (68 to 90°F), humidity: 35 to 80 % RH (no condensation)
Power off Temperature: 5 to 40°C (41 to 104°F), humidity: 20 to 80 % RH (no condensation)
Included items Dedicated stands, power cord, media clamps, media holders, replacement
blade for separating knife, User's Manual, etc.
The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with
an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
• 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
• The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
• Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corp.
• Temperature: 25°C (77°F), humidity: 50%
• Roll media must be loaded correctly.
• Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used.
• Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
• Front margin: 35 mm (1.4 in.) or more
• Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
• Not guaranteed when the print heater or dryer is used.
• Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
• Print travel: 1 m (39.4 in.)
• [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
Range for assured repetition accuracy
• For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length 4,000 mm (157.5 in.)
• For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length 8,000 mm (315.0 in.)
• Provided that the media feed length is 3,000 mm (118.1 in.) or less.
• Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media.
• Data size:
1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,600 mm (63.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
• No lamination
• Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded
• During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
• Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
• Warm-up is required after the power is turned on. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating
• Depending on the ambient temperature and the media width, the set temperature may not be reached.
• Operating environment